Amazingly, about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Texas could save 70% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
The preferred way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Lubbock. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for additional tips to help reduce premium rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Be sure to put the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
A key point to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Cheap Land Rover insurance prices in Lubbock
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Lubbock, TX. To get cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Score discounts to get cheaper Lubbock auto insurance rates
Some insurers don't always list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because it shows financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a Lubbock auto insurance quote.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers take driver's ed class in high school.
- Student Discounts - This discount may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Switch and Save Discount - Select larger companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current FreeLander insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
To see a list of insurers that offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Which family members are covered?
- How long have they been in business?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is there a local claims center in Lubbock?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Listed below is a list of insurers in Lubbock that can give you comparison quotes for Land Rover FreeLander insurance in Lubbock.
After receiving reasonable responses for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an provider that is reputable and can service your policy. Keep in mind it's your policy and you can terminate your policy at any time so don't assume that you are obligated to a specific company indefinitely.
While you're price shopping online, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-conscious Land Rover FreeLander insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Lubbock, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
We've covered many tips how you can shop for Land Rover FreeLander insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Felons in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)