Amazingly, a large majority of drivers in Texas have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers can save approximately 47% each year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find affordable insurance rates.
The recommended way to get the cheapest Kia Niro insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Lubbock. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, try to understand how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for tips to find cheap rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, store the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are insured now or just want to save money, you can use this information to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Obtaining price quotes for the lowest cost car insurance in Lubbock is not that difficult. You only need an understanding of the fastest way to compare price quotes from multiple carriers.
Low Cost companies for Kia Niro insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Components of Your Kia Niro Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The type of car you drive affects your prices - The performance level of the car or truck you need to insure makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
More people means more accidents - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it's advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Married people drive safer - Getting married actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage translates into being more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Your gender affects premiums - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Auto insurance policy discounts for Kia Niro insurance in Lubbock
Car insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Drivers should understand that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Lubbock, click this link.
Car insurance quotes from local Lubbock insurance agencies
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your computer because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Lubbock?
- How are they compensated?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
If you're trying to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can select. Lubbock agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to know how they differ because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Lubbock exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Scott Powell - State Farm Insurance Agent
3410 98th St Ste 3 - Lubbock, TX 79423 - (806) 793-2855 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Patrick Bailey
6701 Aberdeen Ave Ste 2 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 798-1340 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jules Minne
10210 Frankford Ave Ste 220 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 783-9519 - View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it's a good idea to include independent agents to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are independent agents in Lubbock who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Cam Fannin Insurance
1810 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 747-4422 - View Map
- David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-1177 - View Map
- Hettler Insurance Agency
4432 S Loop 289 - Lubbock, TX 79414 - (806) 798-7800 - View Map
Upon getting good feedback and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy. Just be aware that you are able to cancel coverage at any time so don't feel that you're stuck with the car insurance policy indefinitely.
Best auto insurance in Texas
Finding the top auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are in Lubbock. The ranking data listed below may help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
You can find affordable coverage
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce Kia Niro insurance rates online in Lubbock. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
More affordable auto insurance in Lubbock is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Lubbock, so you need to shop Lubbock car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)