Do you need a better way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Lubbock, TX? Lubbock buyers have many options when searching for affordable Jaguar XJ insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a Jaguar and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Lubbock agents.
Car insurance policy discounts for Jaguar XJ insurance in Lubbock
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Lubbock car insurance online.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Jaguar can earn slightly better prices than normal.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive lower premium rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Jaguar XJ auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, passive restraint, multiple policy, driver’s education, good driver, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family includes discounts for good student, air bags, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, good student, multi-policy, good driver, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, membership and employees, driver training, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, distant student, homeowner, teen driver, and pay in full.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
If you want cheaper Lubbock car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Lubbock. To see a list of companies who offer online Jaguar XJ insurance quotes in Texas, click this link.
Getting a cheaper price on Jaguar XJ insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. Just invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes to see which company has affordable Jaguar XJ insurance quotes.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Lubbock, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance data for a Jaguar XJ
The premium table shown next showcases estimates of insurance rates for Jaguar XJ models. Having a good grasp of how premiums are figured can be useful when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$476||$1146||$496||$30||$148||$2,296||$191|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$518||$1266||$496||$30||$148||$2,458||$205|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in Lubbock location which can affect price quotes greatly.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Jaguar XJ insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact formula for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Jaguar XJ book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Learn How to Buy Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better insurance rates.
Avoid traffic tickets – Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have multiple citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can raise Jaguar XJ car insurance rates for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Safer vehicles save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Don’t buy extra policy coverages you don’t use – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Does your vocation raise your rates? – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like military personnel, social workers, and emergency personnel usually pay the highest rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, careers such as professors, historians and homemakers get better rates.
- Compare rates if you consolidate your policies – The majority of insurance companies will give discounts to policyholders who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare Jaguar XJ rates in Lubbock to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Car insurance liability insurance limits – The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Lower rates with alarm systems – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Insurance loss probability for a Jaguar XJ – Insurers factor in historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that tend to have higher losses will have higher premium rates.
The data below shows the loss history for Jaguar XJ vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Jaguar XJ Models Specific Jaguar Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XJ 4dr 2WD 254 Jaguar XJ 4dr 4WD 169 236 Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 2WD 210 88 149 Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 4WD 238 198BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Lubbock insurance agent
Some consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Lubbock.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent as quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found an insurer that is reliable enough to adequately provide car insurance.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jaguar XJ in Lubbock, paying for insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jaguar XJ has a lienholder, most lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Jaguar at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to save money.
Quote more and you will save more
We’ve covered a lot of ways to save on Jaguar XJ insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
As you quote Lubbock car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver or unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies can be less work than you think.
How to buy low-cost Jaguar XJ insurance in Lubbock
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget Jaguar XJ insurance in Lubbock is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Texas.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at these sites:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)