It's an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices will presumably move their business because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent insurance study discovered that people who routinely shopped around saved over $70 a month as compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on Jaguar XF insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to shop and compare insurance can save time and money.
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Jaguar XF insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Lubbock. This can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and a substandard credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper XF coverage is available in Lubbock. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Jaguar XF Insurance Cost Factors
Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Bad credit will cost you - Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. People that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit history is lower than you'd like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Jaguar XF if you improve your credit rating.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more - The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following data is based on a married male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Jaguar XF rates compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
Teenage drivers pay high premiums - Beginning drivers in Texas have a tendency to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a beginning driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Always keep your policy in place - Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department.
Males tend to take more risk - Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. They both cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. They also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
The information below compares Jaguar XF annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - Most larger insurers apply a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other Lubbock XF insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Better premiums on safer vehicles - Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If your Jaguar XF scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Insurance losses for a Jaguar XF - Insurers factor in historical loss data to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure.
The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Jaguar XF vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jaguar XF Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XF 4dr 2WD 169 101 191 98 Jaguar XF 4dr 4WD 206 83 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Jaguar XF insurance statistics and information
The coverage table shown next covers estimates of insurance rates for Jaguar XF models. Understanding more about how premiums are formulated can help drivers make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XF Luxury 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$522||$366||$22||$110||$1,278||$107|
|XF Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$522||$366||$22||$110||$1,278||$107|
|XF Supercharged 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$582||$366||$22||$110||$1,362||$114|
|XF R 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$644||$366||$22||$110||$1,448||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact premium rates significantly.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Jaguar XF insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Driving violations and accidents
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can impact Jaguar XF auto insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Jaguar XF full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below shows the comparison of Jaguar XF insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no set guideline to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Jaguar XF replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Affordable Lubbock car insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be inquired about before being credited.
- Driver Safety - Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Paperless Signup - Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Student in College - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Lubbock and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XF car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Travelers has savings for driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, multi-policy, and home ownership.
- 21st Century includes discounts for 55 and older, air bags, theft prevention, student driver, teen driver, and early bird.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- AAA has discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area. To find insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
A few companies may not have online rate quotes and these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Lubbock can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Lubbock agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More information can be read below:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)