Are you tired of trying to find lower-priced insurance rates in Lubbock, TX? Lubbock shoppers have a choice when shopping for affordable Honda Accord Hybrid insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or use the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages on a Honda and find the lowest possible price either online or from Lubbock insurance agents.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Lubbock insurance shoppers could cut their rates by roughly 70% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
Most larger insurance companies make it easy to get prices for coverage from their websites. Getting quotes for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Lubbock is pretty easy as you just enter your required coverages on the page. After you submit the form their quoting system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote.
Getting online rate quotes for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Lubbock streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the most affordable possible premiums on insurance.
To compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you’re receiving a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Texas. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower rate quotes on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Lubbock with these discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids living away from Lubbock attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Lubbock auto insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current Accord Hybrid insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Lubbock auto insurance online.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
To find providers that offer discounts in Texas, click here.
How Your Accord Hybrid Insurance Prices are Determined
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes a few of the things insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Alarm systems save money – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop car theft.
- Marriage is a factor – Your spouse may earn you lower rates on your insurance policy. It may mean you are more mature it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Higher rates for high stress occupations – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like military personnel, architects, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher average rates due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations like actors, historians and retirees get better rates.
- No policy lapses lowers insurance rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
- Keep policy claims to a minimum – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Texas give the lowest premiums to people who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Accord Hybrid policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- Location can affect price – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has definite advantages when talking about insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and more severe claims. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Honda Accord Hybrid historical loss data – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that are shown to have higher loss trends will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Accord Hybrid Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local agents and car insurance
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agents is still important in Lubbock.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Lubbock should be willing to answer these questions.
- Where are claims handled?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Lubbock?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an provider that can be trusted to properly service your car insurance policy.
Do I need special coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote. Compare. Save.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Honda Accord Hybrid rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests or lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
How to find lower priced Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Lubbock
The best way we recommend to find discount auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Texas.
First, get a basic knowledge of the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Accord Hybrid coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Don’t forget to safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Additional learning opportunities
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)