The easiest way to find better pricing on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Lubbock.
- First, get an understanding of how car insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Lubbock. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Once received, place your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers could cut their rates by roughly 70% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Lubbock is to know the fact auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like how much you drive, types of safety features, the type of vehicles you drive, and your education level. That rating data is sent automatically to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
To check rates for your Ford C-Max Hybrid now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford C-Max Hybrid in Lubbock, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your Ford C-Max Hybrid and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your C-Max Hybrid definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow their company to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a defensive driving class can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Early Signing – Some companies provide a discount for signing up prior to your current C-Max Hybrid insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Lubbock car insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Lubbock Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- USAA has savings for good student, vehicle storage, defensive driver, safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and family discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- American Family discounts include air bags, accident-free, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance offers discounts for multi-policy, DriveSense, anti-theft, paid-in-full, anti-lock brakes, and renters.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for switch companies, mature driver, homeowner, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, good driver, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
If you are trying to find affordable Lubbock car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Lubbock.
Auto insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Lubbock.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Lubbock car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a local Lubbock insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can do a good job, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you check rates from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Below are Lubbock independent agencies that can possibly get you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Lubbock AllState Agent
2312 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 412-1471 – View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency
3307 82nd St – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 792-0135 – View Map
- Shamburger Agency
12215 Quaker Ave – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 783-8959 – View Map
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock that can give you comparison quotes.
- Rick Rosas – State Farm Insurance Agent
6102 82nd St #12b – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 776-3276 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Doug Townsend
3901 84th St – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 698-1611 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Rc Calderon
1314 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 741-1515 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does their agency support local causes in Lubbock?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember you are entitled to cancel a policy at any time so never assume you are locked into a policy indefinitely.
Which is the best car insurance?
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
How to find a good Texas car insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Texas. The company ratings below could help you analyze which companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
In the end, you can save money
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We covered a lot of techniques to save on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in the articles below:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)