Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Lubbock insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't want to take the time to shop around.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies in Lubbock. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, store the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Best companies for Porsche Cayman insurance
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Lubbock, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Porsche Cayman detailed coverage information
The coverage information below highlights a range of coverage prices for Porsche Cayman models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are established can be valuable when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayman 2-Dr Coupe||$332||$614||$382||$22||$114||$1,464||$122|
|Cayman S 2-Dr Coupe||$332||$686||$382||$22||$114||$1,536||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Lubbock which can affect auto insurance rates substantially.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Porsche Cayman insurance prices for each different age category. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The chart below illustrates how violations and fender-benders can drive up Porsche Cayman insurance rates for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Porsche Cayman car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Porsche Cayman replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
These discounts can slash Porsche Cayman insurance rates
Some insurers don't list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies provide a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Club Memberships - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on auto insurance.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. But any discount will help lower the cost of your policy.
The information below compares Porsche Cayman car insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, early bird, bundled insurance, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, military active duty, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
Check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered everywhere. For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Lubbock, click here.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agents is important especially in Lubbock.
By using this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Lubbock that can provide free Lubbock auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can write auto insurance policies, but it's important to know why they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not write with just one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Lubbock that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
- Insurance Partners
7335 82nd St # 4 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Maria Valeriano Insurance Agency
4210 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79413 - (806) 780-6622 - View Map
- David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-1177 - View Map
These agents can only provide one company's prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Lubbock that can give you price quotes.
- Keith Potts - State Farm Insurance Agent
6110 Frankford Ave A - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-5084 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Russell Donaway
2321 50th St Ste C - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 799-4600 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jules Minne
10210 Frankford Ave Ste 220 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 783-9519 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Lubbock?
- Does their agency support local causes in Lubbock?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
One last thing about your coverage
Cheaper Porsche Cayman insurance in Lubbock is available both online as well as from independent agents in Lubbock, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
When you buy Lubbock auto insurance online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
More information can be found at the links below
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Felons in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)