There isn't anyone who enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that they could get a better deal.
Amazingly, the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Texas drivers could save $1,800 a year just by shopping around, but most just don't grasp the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
There is such a variety of insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
When looking for the cheapest Porsche Boxster rate quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rate quotes from many available car insurance companies in Texas. The recommended way to find the lowest Porsche Boxster rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to waste gas driving to local Lubbock insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Porsche Boxster insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you require the professional guidance that only an agent can give. You can, however, comparison shop online but still have the advice of a local agent. Just keep in mind that comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so you should also compare prices from them, too.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Lubbock, TX. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Rates and other information
The data table shown next showcases detailed analysis of policy rates for Porsche Boxster models. Learning how insurance prices are determined is important for drivers to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$336||$620||$334||$20||$100||$1,410||$118|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$372||$700||$334||$20||$100||$1,526||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact prices greatly.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Porsche Boxster insurance rates for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lower-cost Porsche Boxster insurance rates in Lubbock
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- E-sign - Many auto insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Lubbock may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a Lubbock auto insurance quote.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow companies to scrutinize driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles can earn slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Save with a New Car - Putting insurance on a new Boxster can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Multiple Cars - Buying coverage for multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
The example below illustrates the difference between Porsche Boxster auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, daytime running lights, driver training, good student, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers has discounts for student away at school, payment discounts, early quote, new car, multi-car, IntelliDrive, and good student.
- Nationwide offers discounts including accident-free, multi-policy, business or organization, defensive driving, anti-theft, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for youthful driver, early shopping, homeowner, teen driver, alternative fuel, distant student, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance discounts include DriveSense, multi-car, emergency road assistance, renters, online shopper, and good driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, multiple policy, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, low natural disaster claims, good student, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, and accident-free.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in Lubbock.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Lubbock, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Porsche Boxster with a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Porsche at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Porsche and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You won't even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent in Lubbock should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
When finding a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Lubbock are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparison shopping, you should always get several quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Lubbock that are able to give price quote information.
David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-1177 - View Map
Holmes/Bednarz Insurance Agency
5717 66th St #110 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 748-5453 - View Map