Nissan Maxima insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
The easiest way to get budget auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers in Lubbock.
First, read about auto insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for instructions to help reduce premium rates and earn a bigger discount.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Maxima coverage is available in Lubbock. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
We don't have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around once a year are likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved on average $72 a month compared to drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Nissan Maxima insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning about how to find and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information such as if it has an alarm system, whether you are married, if you went to college, and whether you drive to work or school. That rating information is sent automatically to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To check Nissan Maxima insurance prices now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Lubbock.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Texas. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Nissan Maxima insurance discounts in Lubbock
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used Maxima can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children living away from Lubbock attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Active Service Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner can save you money since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Maxima car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, student away at school, anti-theft, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance discounts include defensive driver, safety device, homeowner, anti-theft, good student, good driver, and online quote.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, multi-car, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include multiple vehicles, anti-theft, safe driver, air bags, multi-policy, group or association, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and air bags.
If you need the cheapest Nissan Maxima rate quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Lubbock.
Rates and other information
The data table shown below outlines a range of coverage costs for Nissan Maxima models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are formulated is important for you to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Maxima 3.5 S||$258||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,264||$105|
|Maxima 3.5 SV||$258||$532||$400||$24||$120||$1,334||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower prices noticeably.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can increase Nissan Maxima car insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Nissan Maxima insurance costs by gender and age in Lubbock
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Maxima car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Maxima yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no set rule for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Nissan Maxima replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $200 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
How Your Maxima Insurance Rates are Determined
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are some of the factors insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Save money with higher coverage deductibles - Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Nissan. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, hitting a deer, and burglary. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Inexpensive frequent insurance claims are not good - Companies in Texas provide the best rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Save money by having good credit - Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. If your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan Maxima by improving your rating. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lower insurance rates - Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Your age impacts your costs - Young drivers in Texas are proven to get distracted easily when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a youthful driver onto your insurance can increase premiums substantially. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Discounts for multiple policies - Most major insurance companies give better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, it's in your best interest to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Is you vocation costing you more? - Careers such as military personnel, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally have higher average rates because of high stress levels and long work days. On the flip side, careers such as scientists, engineers and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- What are good liability coverage limits? - The liability section of your policy is the protection when you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.