Chevy Trax insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It's easy to assume that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A survey found that consumers who shopped around saved about $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding discount rates on Chevy Trax insurance is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can make the process more efficient.
The easiest way to get the cheapest Chevy Trax insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies who sell auto insurance in Lubbock.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how your policy works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Trax coverage is available in Lubbock. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important note is that you'll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you are already insured, you should be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Buying affordable auto insurance in Lubbock is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Nevertheless, Texas consumers do need to learn how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
It's important to know that having more price comparisons helps you find better pricing.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Texas. To locate cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, TX, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Chevy Trax insurance rates in Lubbock
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Trax insurance in Lubbock.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims before the accident.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain larger companies will give a small break for signing up on the web.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Lubbock, click here to view.
Car insurance agents can help
Some people would rather talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Lubbock.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Lubbock that can provide free Lubbock auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Quote Chevy Trax Insurance More Affordably
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are some of the factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- Do you really need to file those policy claims? - Insurance companies in Texas provide lower rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Low stress employer equals lower premiums - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like judges, executives, and stock brokers generally pay higher average rates because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs like professors, students and retirees pay the least.
- Premiums are affected by your credit score - Your credit score factor in determining your rates. If your credit score can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Trax if you improve your credit rating. People that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with worse credit.
- Don't skimp on liability protection - Liability coverage will provide protection when you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Only buy coverage you need - Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying car insurance. Insurance for rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Always have car insurance - Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
Loss probability for a Chevy Trax - Insurance companies factor in historical loss data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that historically have higher losses will cost more to insure. The table below shows the historical loss data for Chevy Trax vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
Chevrolet Trax Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD 79 Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD 81BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need quality insurance for your Trax
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Lubbock, insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Trax has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Compare but don't skimp
Some car insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Cost effective Chevy Trax insurance can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Lubbock agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
We just covered many ways to lower your Chevy Trax insurance prices in Lubbock. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Lubbock auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest prices come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)