It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who shop for lower prices will most likely buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A study showed that drivers who shopped around every year saved about $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on Acura RDX insurance in Lubbock is why you’re reading this, then knowing how to compare insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable Acura RDX insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Lubbock. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Read and learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important part of this process is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons for Acura RDX insurance in Lubbock is to know the trick auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data including which vehicles you own, your education level, how much coverage you want, and daily mileage. The data is instantly submitted to many different companies and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To compare cheaper Acura RDX insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Lubbock.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. In order to find cheap car insurance in Texas, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The premium table shown next outlines different insurance policy prices for Acura RDX models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$198||$416||$422||$24||$126||$1,186||$99|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$198||$416||$422||$24||$126||$1,186||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease premium rates significantly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Acura RDX insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high cost, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your RDX, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get Cheap Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
- High credit equals lower costs – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Acura RDX by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with bad credit.
Teenage driver insurance prices – Teenage drivers in Texas are statistically proven to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Cautious drivers pay less – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Just one driving citation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get multiple tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents increase Acura RDX insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Do females or males drive better? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. They both have at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
The diagram below shows the difference between Acura RDX yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
- Physical damage deductibles – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Acura. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a dented fender, vandalism, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be.
Loss probability for an Acura RDX – Insurance companies use claims history to help calculate premium rates. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage. The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Acura RDX vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura RDX Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RDX 4dr 2WD 64 75 57 67 67 71 Acura RDX 4dr 4WD 68 79 79 68 66 60BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing the best insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- If my Acura RDX is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
One last thing about your coverage
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheap Acura RDX insurance in Lubbock can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Lubbock agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)