The recommended way to get discount Toyota Prius V insurance in Lubbock is to compare prices annually from companies in Texas.
First, try to understand what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. This article provides instructions to get affordable coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Lubbock. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One important bit of advice is to use identical coverages on each quote request and to quote with every company you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
We don't have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who shop around once a year will most likely switch companies because there is a significant possibility of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving money on car insurance is your objective, then learning about the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
Finding and comparing the best-priced car insurance in Lubbock is quite easy. Nearly every vehicle owner who is overpaying for car insurance will be able to reduce their rates. But Texas consumers should learn how insurance companies sell insurance online.
Low Cost companies for Toyota Prius V insurance in Texas
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Lubbock, TX. To find the cheapest car insurance in Texas, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance - The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Do you know you're credit rating? - An insured's credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. People that have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. So if your credit is not that good, you may save money insuring your Toyota Prius V by improving your rating.
Battle of the sexes - Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Save by driving less - Driving more miles each year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Prius V can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Toyota Prius V claim probability - Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Prius V vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Prius V Hybrid||94||86||88||88||94||97|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don't list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Lubbock auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Telematics Data - Lubbock drivers who agree to allow their company to analyze driving manner by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Prius V insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
Drivers should understand that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any amount of discount should help reduce your policy cost.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, good driver, passive restraint, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, good student, accident-free
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, safe driver, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, air bags, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including accident prevention training, bundle discounts, multi-car, homeowner, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, and drive less.
It's a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply everywhere.
When to have guidance from an agent
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Lubbock.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Lubbock that give free quotes for your business. You don't have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you need to find a good Lubbock insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they work. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Lubbock that may be able to give free price quotes.
- Budget Insurance Agency
2508 Auburn St - Lubbock, TX 79415 - (806) 749-8600 - View Map
- Alan Henry Insurance Agency
3405 19th St - Lubbock, TX 79410 - (806) 792-3771 - View Map
- Cam Fannin Insurance
1810 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 747-4422 - View Map
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following are Lubbock exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Peter Griffith - State Farm Insurance Agent
409 Frankford Ave - Lubbock, TX 79416 - (806) 785-4456 - View Map
- Nelda Jett - State Farm Insurance Agent
3833 50th St #5 - Lubbock, TX 79413 - (806) 793-2857 - View Map
- Chris Prather - State Farm Insurance Agent
4412 74th St f101 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 792-3331 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Lubbock?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Best auto insurance company in Texas
Buying coverage from the best company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Texas. The company ratings displayed below may help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Mercury Insurance - 89%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
A little work can save a LOT of money
When trying to cut insurance costs, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Toyota Prius V insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund and even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is easier than you think.
Additional learning opportunities
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)