A recent insurance study revealed that almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. Texas drivers could save almost $1,800 each year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they switched.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Toyota C-HR insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in Lubbock. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a substandard credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives information to help find cheaper rates and find possible discounts that are available.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Lubbock can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you are already insured or just want to reduce your rates, use these tips to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Comparison shoppers just need to understand how to compare rate quotes from many different companies.
Compare free Lubbock Toyota C-HR insurance quotes
Finding more affordable Lubbock auto insurance prices is a fairly straight forward process. Just take the time getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Texas. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, TX, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Lubbock car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are throwing money away.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Lubbock car insurance with certain companies.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies who might offer these benefits include:
When quoting, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Lubbock. To see insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Lubbock, follow this link.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota C-HR in Lubbock, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your C-HR, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to find a good Lubbock car insurance company
Choosing the top insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Lubbock. The ranking information in the lists below may help you decide which insurers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Good agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent to you directly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local Lubbock insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they work. Insurance policy providers can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can impact which type of agent you select.
These type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Rhett Richardson
13413 County Rd 1800 Unit D – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 783-9998 – View Map
- Roddy Simmons Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
2124 34th St – Lubbock, TX 79411 – (806) 747-5759 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
3206 34th St – Lubbock, TX 79410 – (806) 791-2892 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
The following are independent agents in Lubbock willing to provide rate quotes.
- Lubbock AllState Agent
2312 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 412-1471 – View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency
3307 82nd St – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 792-0135 – View Map
- Holmes/Bednarz Insurance Agency
5717 66th St #110 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 748-5453 – View Map
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to all your questions and the cheapest Toyota C-HR insurance in Lubbock quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can cancel a policy at any point so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific company indefinitely.