The recommended way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Lubbock. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Read about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Immediately store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year are inclined to switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved an average of $850 each year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Nissan Versa insurance in Lubbock is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
Lubbock insurance discounts for a Nissan Versa
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Versa car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, driver training, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers discounts including bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Lubbock, click here to view.
All major car insurance companies allow consumers to get price estimates from their websites. Doing online quotes for Nissan Versa insurance in Lubbock is possible for anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the quote system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on these and other factors.
Quoting online for Nissan Versa insurance in Lubbock makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to do this in order to find the best possible rates on car insurance.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the coverages just like they are on your policy. This ensures you will have comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Lubbock, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance statistics and figures
The price information displayed next highlights estimates of insurance costs for Nissan Versa models. Having a better idea how rate quotes are calculated can aid in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$234||$550||$496||$30||$148||$1,458||$122|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$274||$788||$496||$30||$148||$1,736||$145|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$274||$788||$496||$30||$148||$1,736||$145|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$314||$908||$496||$30||$148||$1,896||$158|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$314||$908||$496||$30||$148||$1,896||$158|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Lubbock which can decrease or increase rates significantly.
How Insurance Companies Determine Nissan Versa Insurance Prices
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Never go without auto insurance – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married can get you a discount when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive your Nissan each year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Versa is just wasting money.
- Prices may be lower depending on your occupation – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as lawyers, architects, and stock brokers tend to pay higher average rates due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Nissan Versa claim probability – Insurers use claims history to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that statistically have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Nissan Versa vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Nissan Versa Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Versa 116 110 92 190 203 138 Nissan Versa Note 112 96 85 161 171 133BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Lubbock.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Lubbock who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Lubbock are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent agencies in Lubbock that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
- Alan Henry Insurance Agency
3405 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79410 – (806) 792-3771 – View Map
- Hettler Insurance Agency
4432 S Loop 289 – Lubbock, TX 79414 – (806) 798-7800 – View Map
- The Shropshire Agency, Inc.
5812 66th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 763-7311 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Jim White
4518 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79414 – (806) 792-4416 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Jules Minne
10210 Frankford Ave Ste 220 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 783-9519 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Patrick Bailey
6701 Aberdeen Ave Ste 2 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 798-1340 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Buying the right Nissan vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Versa in Lubbock, insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Nissan Versa with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Nissan but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Lubbock is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do the work, save more money
Cost effective Nissan Versa insurance is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured cut full coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Nissan Versa insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small local company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)