Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Lubbock drivers can cut their rates by $1,770 a year, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Mercury Sable insurance in Lubbock is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Texas. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Sable coverage is available in Lubbock. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. Once received, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Learn How to Buy Insurance More Affordably
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower insurance prices. Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Liability - The liability coverage on your policy kicks in when you are responsible for an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you - Credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. If your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Mercury Sable by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
- Safer cars means cheaper insurance - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Extra coverages push up costs - There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you don't need them get rid of them and save.
- Pleasure use saves money - The higher the mileage driven annually the more you'll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your Sable may be wasting your money. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance coverage correctly shows the right rating data.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Mercury Sable insurance in Lubbock is to understand almost all companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including your education level, if it has an anti-theft system, driver ages, and level of coverage desired. Those rating factors is instantly provided to insurance companies and you receive quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare cheap Mercury Sable insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Lubbock.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. To get cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Lubbock, insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mercury has a lienholder, most banks will force you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercury at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Mercury Sable. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Mercury as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Lubbock insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don't list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Claim-Free Discount - Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Memberships - Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up digitally online.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, defensive driving training, good driver, anti-theft, good student, driver's education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for newly retired, newly married, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, multi-car, teen driver discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts including bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, accident-free, good student, air bags, early bird, and good driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, pay in full, youthful driver, multi-car, alternative fuel, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include company car, mature driver, group or association, multi-policy, good student, and safe driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, homeowner, teen safe driver, drive less, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Lubbock.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is definitely important in Lubbock.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Lubbock who may provide free insurance quotes.
- Cam Fannin Insurance
1810 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 747-4422 - View Map
- Budget Insurance Agency
2508 Auburn St - Lubbock, TX 79415 - (806) 749-8600 - View Map
- Sims-Perrin Insurance
3302 34th St - Lubbock, TX 79410 - (806) 795-4301 - View Map
These agents are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Lubbock that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Rc Calderon
1314 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 741-1515 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Russell Donaway
2321 50th St Ste C - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 799-4600 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Doug Townsend
3901 84th St - Lubbock, TX 79423 - (806) 698-1611 - View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Lubbock should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Upon receiving acceptable answers to any questions you may have and cheaper Sable insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that will provide insurance coverage.
Texas car insurance companies ranked
Picking the best car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Lubbock. The information shown below could help you choose which auto insurers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Situations that may require an agent's advice
Always remember that when buying a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does my Mercury Sable need full coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
How much can you save?
We just presented many ways to reduce Mercury Sable insurance premium rates online in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions or even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through local independent agents. Cost effective Mercury Sable insurance is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information is available below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)