Want to know an easy way to compare lower-priced Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Lubbock? If you are new to getting Lubbock car insurance quotes online, you can be overwhelmed by the diversity of insurers all claiming to save you money.
How to buy lower priced Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Lubbock
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in Lubbock. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Lubbock. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
It's an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don't want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are likely to buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who shopped around every year saved an average of $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is your ultimate target, then learning about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze cheaper coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Best companies for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Informed Consumers Save Every Year
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates.
The following are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- With age comes responsibility - More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers tend to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Eliminate extra policy coverages - There are many extra coverages that can add up when buying auto insurance. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Gender impacts prices - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Drivers with high credit save on auto insurance - Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Shelby GT350 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Proper usage rating affects prices - The higher the miles on your Ford every year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Shelby GT350 may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage.
- Driving citations drive up costs - Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Continuous auto insurance coverage saves money - Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Take policy discounts and save on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Lubbock
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to monitor where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Ford can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Save with a New Car - Putting insurance coverage on a new Shelby GT350 may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- E-sign Discounts - Many larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts as compared to drivers who are more careless.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, accident-free, anti-theft, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, air bags, daytime running lights, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- 21st Century has discounts for early bird, theft prevention, 55 and older, teen driver, automatic seat belts, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family offers premium reductions for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good student, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, good student, defensive driver, and driver training.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, and pay-in-full.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Lubbock.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Lubbock.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Lubbock who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Lubbock
If you want to use a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Lubbock can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to get some free quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Lubbock that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- The Shropshire Agency, Inc.
5812 66th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 763-7311 - View Map
- Shamburger Agency
12215 Quaker Ave - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 783-8959 - View Map
- Cam Fannin Insurance
1810 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 747-4422 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Kevin Watson - State Farm Insurance Agent
13033 Quaker Ave SUITE B - Lubbock, TX 79423 - (806) 797-3329 - View Map
- Jason Grisham - State Farm® Insurance Agent
1102 Slide Rd, 33 - Lubbock, TX 79416 - (806) 793-3101 - View Map
- Ana Borrego - State Farm Insurance Agent
8001 Quaker Ave STE G - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 745-2555 - View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What companies can they write with?
Lubbock car insurance company ratings
Selecting a high-quality car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices there are in Texas. The company rank data in the next section could help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When getting Lubbock car insurance quotes online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with the smaller companies.
Lower-priced Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Lubbock can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Lubbock, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
Steps to buying cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Lubbock
Really, the only way to find better pricing on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Lubbock is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Texas.
- First, learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and a bad credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- How Much is Lubbock Car Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)