Have you fallen victim to an expensive car insurance policy? Say no more because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around at least once a year are highly likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey found that people who shopped around every year saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Lubbock is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
Steps to saving money on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Lubbock
The preferred way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from providers in Lubbock.
Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and bad credit can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Lubbock. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Numerous insurers battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the best rate on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Lubbock.
Consumers need to compare prices once or twice a year because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the best rates on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Lubbock a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. There is too much inaccurate information about Silverado 2500HD insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to buy car insurance cheaper in Lubbock.
If you are already insured, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Lubbock is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. But Texas drivers must comprehend how big insurance companies determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
Get cheaper Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Lubbock with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every discount very well, so the following list contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Telematics Data – Lubbock drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Silverado 2500HD can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado 2500HD annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
For a list of providers who offer cheap Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance quotes in Lubbock in Texas, click this link.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in TX, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Car insurance data for a Chevy Silverado 2500HD
The data table displayed next highlights different insurance prices for Chevy Silverado 2500HD models. Being more informed about how auto insurance prices are figured is important to be able to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$158||$306||$358||$22||$108||$952||$79|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$158||$352||$404||$24||$122||$1,060||$88|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$158||$306||$358||$22||$108||$952||$79|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$176||$352||$358||$22||$108||$1,016||$85|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$176||$352||$404||$24||$122||$1,078||$90|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$176||$352||$404||$24||$122||$1,078||$90|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$352||$404||$24||$122||$1,078||$90|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$176||$352||$358||$22||$108||$1,016||$85|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$176||$398||$404||$24||$122||$1,124||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in Lubbock location which can raise or lower insurance rates greatly.
Components of Your Chevy Silverado 2500HD Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better insurance rates.
Demanding occupation may mean higher premiums – Careers such as real estate brokers, executives, and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates because of intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers such as scientists, students and retirees pay the least.
Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates – Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, flood damage, and having your car stolen. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be.
Reduce insurance rates by staying claim free – Car insurance companies in Texas generally give the lowest premiums to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Save money by having responsible credit – A driver’s credit score can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit scores. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD if you clean up your credit.
Never let your coverage lapse – Not having insurance is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Get a ticket, pay higher prices – Even a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers with multiple violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can drive up Chevy Silverado 2500HD premium costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Are car insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important especially in Lubbock.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Types of auto insurance agents in Lubbock
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are Lubbock independent insurance agencies who may be able to give you pricing information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock that can give you price quotes.
Deciding on a insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- If they are an independent agency in Lubbock, which companies do they recommend?
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you are able to cancel your policy at any point so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency for any length of time.
Why you need quality insurance for your Chevy vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Affordable Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Lubbock is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
We just presented many tips how you can shop for Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Lubbock auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When searching for cheaper Lubbock auto insurance quotes, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
How to find low-cost rates for Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Lubbock
The most effective way to get affordable Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Lubbock is to compare prices annually from providers in Texas. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Silverado 2500HD coverage is available. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
More information is located at the links below
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)