Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable Cadillac ATS insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Lubbock. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, read and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lubbock. If you can save money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s shocking but a large majority of insurance policyholders in Texas have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can save about $860 each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Car insurance providers offering cheap rate quotes in Texas
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. To find the best cheap car insurance in Lubbock, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Cadillac ATS Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
Shown below are a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Lower coverage deductibles cost more – Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Prices may be lower depending on your occupation – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like military generals, architects, and miners tend to pay the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
Single vs. married – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
File claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in Texas give discounts to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Never have car insurance policy lapses – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas DMV.
Do males or females drive better? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Females and males are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Cautious drivers pay better prices – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Getting just one ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have severe violations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Insurance loss data for a Cadillac ATS – Insurers analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates.
The data below shows the insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance rates in Lubbock
Some companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Lubbock car insurance online.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower car insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable driving data collection to look at vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when getting a Lubbock car insurance quote.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, driver training, military active duty, good student, and anti-theft.
- USAA offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, loyalty savings, new vehicle, multi-policy, vehicle storage, and driver training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers discounts including air bags, early bird, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance discounts include good driver, multi-car, paid-in-full, safety device, claim free, DriveSense, and Switch & Save.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for mature driver, early shopping, business and professional, distant student, teen driver, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, student away at school, defensive driving training, and good student.
Before buying, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Lubbock.
Buying from insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Cadillac ATS?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Cheaper car insurance in Lubbock is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Lubbock car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Cadillac ATS insurance prices online in Lubbock. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Lubbock car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)