Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. Lubbock consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Acura ILX insurance is to compare prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in Lubbock.
- First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and a bad credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides information to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. View companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper ILX coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Cheapest companies for Acura ILX insurance in Texas
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Lubbock, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Save with these premium slashing discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Memberships – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To choose providers that offer many of these discounts in Lubbock, click here to view.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What does medical payments cover?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What are good deductibles for a Acura ILX?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Lubbock car insurance agent
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find lower premium rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in Lubbock.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Car insurance agents in Lubbock come in two varieties
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents in Lubbock can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Lubbock who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Holmes/Bednarz Insurance Agency
5717 66th St #110 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 748-5453 – View Map
- Bledsoe Insurance Agency
5143 69th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 794-8686 – View Map
- Circle Insurance
6520 University Ave – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 797-4131 – View Map
These agents can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance
3206 34th St – Lubbock, TX 79410 – (806) 791-2892 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Doug Townsend
3901 84th St – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 698-1611 – View Map
- Chris Prather – State Farm Insurance Agent
4412 74th St f101 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-3331 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Lubbock will have answers to these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Lubbock?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Lubbock?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How are they compensated?
After getting acceptable answers to these questions as well as the cheapest Acura ILX insurance in Lubbock quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance. It’s important to know that you can always terminate your policy at any point so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with the car insurance policy with no way out.
How much can you save?
You just read many ideas to lower your Acura ILX insurance premium rates in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Regional companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
More affordable auto insurance in Lubbock can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Lubbock auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)