Hyundai Sonata insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It's a fact that insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Drivers who rate shop once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is your goal, then learning about the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Lubbock. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. This article gives tips to help prevent expensive coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Affordable car insurance in Lubbock, TX
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Lubbock, TX. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in TX, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them before your current Sonata Hybrid insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Club Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free before the accident.
It's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may include some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with every insurance company how you can save money. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your state.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What are good deductibles for a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance agencies near you
A small number of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important particularly in Lubbock.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
What type of Lubbock auto insurance agent is right for you?
When searching for an insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Lubbock who may provide free rate quotes.
- Beadle Insurance Agency
8008 Slide Rd #22 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 798-7900 - View Map
- Cam Fannin Insurance
1810 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 747-4422 - View Map
- Ashmore and Associates Insurance Agency, LLC
6102 82nd St #6 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 745-8358 - View Map
These agents normally can only provide a single company's rates like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock that can give you comparison quotes.
- Lisa Caldwell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2418 19th St - Lubbock, TX 79401 - (806) 799-1628 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Rhett Richardson
13413 County Rd 1800 Unit D - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 783-9998 - View Map
- Ana Borrego - State Farm Insurance Agent
8001 Quaker Ave STE G - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 745-2555 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is there a local claims center in Lubbock?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Auto insurance savings summarized
We covered a lot of information how to shop for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Lubbock car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Discount Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Lubbock is attainable from both online companies and with local Lubbock insurance agents, so you need to shop Lubbock car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in these articles:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)