Do you need a better way to compare the cheapest Honda Clarity insurance in Lubbock? Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced auto insurance can draw down your funds and make it tough to pay other bills.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Consumers in Lubbock could save nearly 70% a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes.
Steps to buying lower priced Honda Clarity insurance in Lubbock
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in Texas. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read and learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. Once received, put the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle's registration papers.
One bit of advice is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Many car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider and get the definite lowest rate on Honda Clarity insurance in Lubbock.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to save money using the techniques covered below. Locating the best rates in Lubbock is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. But Texas vehicle owners must understand the methods companies use to calculate your insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding better pricing. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so you also need to get price quotes from them as well.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Lubbock, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Honda Clarity insurance in Lubbock
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer most of these discounts possibly include:
If you want cheaper Lubbock auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Three reasons to insure your Honda vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda Clarity insurance, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Clarity has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Honda at a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Honda and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Best car insurance company in Lubbock
Selecting the highest-rated insurance company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Lubbock. The rank data displayed below may help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Compare rates but buy from a local Lubbock insurance agent
Some people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Lubbock.
By using this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Lubbock that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Lubbock agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it's recommended you include a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent agencies in Lubbock that may be able to give you price quotes.
Maria Valeriano Insurance Agency
4210 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79413 - (806) 780-6622 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Lubbock who can help you get comparison quotes.
Selecting a car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Lubbock?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
After getting positive feedback as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.