How many years has it been since you compared more affordable Ford GT insurance in Lubbock? Comparing Lubbock auto insurance quotes online may seem to be difficult since most people haven't used price quotes online. But relax because we're going to show you how to find cheap Ford GT in Lubbock.
How to save on Ford GT insurance in Lubbock
If you want to save money, the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide car insurance in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article provides information to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper GT coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important part of this process is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
It's a fact that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who compare price quotes will, in all likelihood, switch insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent study showed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for auto insurance in Lubbock is your objective, then learning a little about how to shop and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
Best companies for Ford GT insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Verify you're getting every discount
Companies that sell car insurance don't list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Lubbock auto insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on your computer.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Lubbock auto insurance quote.
- Professional Memberships - Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Lubbock auto insurance quote.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, good student, accident-free, good driver, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- GEICO discounts include federal employee, emergency military deployment, military active duty, daytime running lights, driver training, and membership and employees.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for safety features, exclusive group savings, multi-car, new graduate, and new vehicle discount.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, and driver training.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, claim-free, good student, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
When quoting, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To see a list of insurers who offer free Ford GT insurance quotes in Lubbock, click here.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
When buying insurance it's important to understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better insurance rates.
Cheaper rates using alarms and GPS tracking - Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Insurance rates and your job - Occupations like lawyers, police officers, and financial analysts usually pay higher rates than the rest of us because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, engineers and performers pay the least.
Pay more if you have a long commute - Choosing to live in areas with lower population has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Texas areas have more traffic problems and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Always have insurance - Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department.
High credit history translates to low costs - Having a bad credit rating factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford GT by improving your rating. People with excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with bad credit.
You may save more by consolidating policies - The majority of insurance companies allow discounts to insureds who carry more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you still need to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Is car insurance cheaper for males or females? - Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Many people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Lubbock insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Lubbock who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Tommy Reece - State Farm Insurance Agent
3114 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79413 - (806) 793-0646 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jim White
4518 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79414 - (806) 792-4416 - View Map
- Dick Phillips - State Farm® Insurance Agent
5740 82nd St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 799-4651 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, it's a good idea to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent agents in Lubbock that can give you price quotes.
- Ashmore and Associates Insurance Agency, LLC
6102 82nd St #6 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 745-8358 - View Map
- Bledsoe Insurance Agency
5143 69th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-8686 - View Map
- Insurance Partners
7335 82nd St # 4 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
Persistence pays off
When searching for affordable Lubbock auto insurance quotes, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered many ways to save on Ford GT insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Lubbock auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from the smaller companies.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent and extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
How to find more affordable Ford GT insurance in Lubbock
The best way to find low-cost Ford GT insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Lubbock. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. Don't forget to put the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle's registration papers.
A good tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)