Think you have an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because there are lots of people in the same boat.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who shop for lower rates will probably switch car insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A survey found that people who shopped around annually saved over $70 a month compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Lubbock is your objective, then understanding how to find companies and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance rates for Ford Expedition insurance in Lubbock is to understand most insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including an estimate of your credit level, if the car is leased, the type of vehicles you drive, and your job. Your information is instantly sent to all major companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Lubbock, TX. In order to find the best auto insurance in Lubbock, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and other information
The data table shown below showcases estimates of rate quotes for Ford Expedition models. Having a better idea how rates are calculated is important for making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$206||$338||$366||$22||$110||$1,042||$87|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$232||$412||$366||$22||$110||$1,142||$95|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$232||$412||$366||$22||$110||$1,142||$95|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$232||$412||$366||$22||$110||$1,142||$95|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$232||$486||$366||$22||$110||$1,216||$101|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$232||$486||$366||$22||$110||$1,216||$101|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$232||$486||$366||$22||$110||$1,216||$101|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$258||$486||$366||$22||$110||$1,242||$104|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$258||$486||$366||$22||$110||$1,242||$104|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$258||$486||$366||$22||$110||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific Lubbock garaging location which can revise premiums significantly.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents drive up Ford Expedition car insurance rates for different age categories. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Expedition car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Expedition annual premium costs with and without full coverage. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no exact formula for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford Expedition claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Choosing Ford vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Lubbock, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Ford Expedition. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Ford gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Too many policy claims and you’ll pay more – Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give the lowest premiums to people who do not file claims often. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
The type of car you drive affects your costs – The performance of the car you need insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these variables: single male driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Ford Expedition rates compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
- Better rates on cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Single vs. married – Being married actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles – Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Insurance losses for a Ford Expedition – Companies analyze historical claim data to help determine the rate you pay. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Ford Expedition vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Ford Expedition Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Expedition 4dr 2WD 67 88 82 55 45 70 Ford Expedition 4dr 4WD 70 98 90 54 62 56 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 2WD 74 104 97 52 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 4WD 88 96 110 63 60 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Lubbock auto insurance online.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- No Accidents – Lubbock drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Lubbock auto insurance quote in comparison with bad drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies early. This can save 10% or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data collection to analyze driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Ford Expedition insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see providers with discount rates in Texas, click here to view.
Local Lubbock auto insurance agents and insurance
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a provider shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How long has their agency been open in Lubbock?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Listed below is a list of insurers in Lubbock that are able to give price quote information for Ford Expedition insurance in Lubbock.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
We’ve covered many ways to get a better price on Ford Expedition insurance in Lubbock. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Some auto insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Affordable Ford Expedition insurance in Lubbock can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Steps to buying lower priced Ford Expedition insurance in Lubbock
The recommended way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Lubbock. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. View rates
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One thing to remember is to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
More information can be read below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)