Would you prefer to buy more competitive Ford Excursion insurance in Lubbock? Finding the cheapest insurance for a new or used Ford Excursion in Texas could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and we'll show you the best way to price shop coverage on a Ford and locate the lowest price either online or from Lubbock insurance agents.
A recent study showed that about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. American consumers could cut their rates by up to $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rates and save money.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Shopping around for the lowest cost coverage in Lubbock can be fairly easy. Consumers only need to know the best way to quote multiple rates online.
Ford Excursion Insurance Premium Factors
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Discounts for married couples - Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Does auto insurance cost more for males? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean women are better drivers. Females and males are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Why do you need liability? - Liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Proper usage rating affects prices - The more you drive in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Excursion may be wasting your money.
Lower coverage deductibles cost more - The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more you have to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you're paying more than you need to.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Lubbock auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Excursion insurance in Lubbock.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Excursion insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Lubbock auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, military active duty, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bags, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, anti-theft, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance offers discounts including paid-in-full, safety device, defensive driver, online quote, and online shopper.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, defensive driver, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and bundle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To locate companies that offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can save on Ford Excursion insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Cheap Ford Excursion insurance in Lubbock can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Lubbock, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
How to find discount Ford Excursion insurance in Lubbock
Really, the only way to find lower priced Ford Excursion insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Lubbock.
- It will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)