Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who compare rates once a year will most likely switch insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving the most money on Saturn VUE insurance in Lubbock is your intention, then knowing the best way to compare car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The easiest way to find the cheapest price for Saturn VUE insurance in Lubbock is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Texas. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover more details to help keep rates affordable and find possible discounts that are available.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper VUE coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Buy Lubbock Saturn VUE insurance online
Finding a lower price on Saturn VUE insurance is pretty simple and can save money. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes getting comparison quotes to discover which company has affordable Saturn VUE insurance quotes.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in TX, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Saturn in Lubbock, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your VUE has a lienholder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Saturn at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards your Saturn and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Saturn gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance rate breakdown
The premium information displayed below highlights estimates of insurance rates for Saturn VUE models. Understanding more about how auto insurance prices are calculated can assist in making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$232||$322||$388||$24||$116||$1,082||$90|
|Vue XR 2WD||$232||$392||$388||$24||$116||$1,152||$96|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$262||$392||$388||$24||$116||$1,182||$99|
|Vue XR AWD||$262||$392||$388||$24||$116||$1,182||$99|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$262||$462||$388||$24||$116||$1,252||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact price quotes significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Saturn VUE annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance rates based on gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Saturn VUE insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
These discounts can slash Saturn VUE insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to analyze where and when they drive remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Lubbock auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive reduced rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Saturn VUE yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies who might offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
When getting free Lubbock auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered on policies in Lubbock. To see a list of car insurance companies who offer discounts in Texas, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Lubbock auto insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Lubbock who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to your email. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lubbock?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
If you would like to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can do a good job, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Lubbock exclusive insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Mike Fox – State Farm Insurance Agent
5910 130th St #101 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 701-5234 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Doug Townsend
3901 84th St – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 698-1611 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Bill Eggar
10101 Quaker Ave – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-5200 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also write with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Lubbock that can give you price quote information.
- Bledsoe Insurance Agency
5143 69th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 794-8686 – View Map
- Hettler Insurance Agency
4432 S Loop 289 – Lubbock, TX 79414 – (806) 798-7800 – View Map
- Sanford and Tatum Insurance Agency
5241 98th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-5564 – View Map
Do the work, save more money
Some car insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers work with local independent agents. Affordable Saturn VUE insurance in Lubbock can be sourced from both online companies and with local Lubbock insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)