Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates will most likely switch car insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. Remarkably, a study showed that people who regularly compared rates saved $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Lubbock is why you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to quote prices and compare insurance can help simplify the process.
The most effective way to find low-cost Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Lubbock is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Texas.
- Step 1: Try to learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional ideas to get low prices and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This ensures a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Choosing the best rates in Lubbock can initially seem challenging. If you have coverage now, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. But Texas car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay.
Save Money with These Tips
Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but others are not as apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are just a few of the factors that factor into your rates.
- Choose high crash test ratings and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Mitsubishi earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Maintain insurance coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to pay more for insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Women pay lower premiums – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- Getting married pays dividends – Getting married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Marriage may mean you are more stable financially and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- File insurance claims and pay more – Insurance companies in Texas award discounts to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Costs are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. Low performance passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Cheap Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Lubbock
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Lubbock Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, anti-theft, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- Esurance has savings for Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, multi-policy, emergency road assistance, and homeowner.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for business or organization, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driving, family plan, and good student.
Check with every company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Lubbock. For a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Lubbock, click this link.
Persistent drivers can save
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Affordable Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Lubbock can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)