Ford Fiesta insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Lubbock. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
First, try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
We don't have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices will presumably buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving money on insurance in Lubbock is the reason you're reading this, then having an understanding of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
The goal of this article is to tell you how car insurance companies work and some tricks to saving. If you have coverage now, you should be able to get lower rates using these methods. Consumers just need to understand the best way to quote multiple rates on the web.
What Impacts Ford Fiesta Insurance Premiums?
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Being married can save you money - Your spouse can actually save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Never let your auto insurance policy expire - Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Prices and your address - Having an address in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Is insurance cheaper for men or women? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don't assume that women are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Pleasure use or commuting - Driving a lot of miles each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Many insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Fiesta is throwing money out the window. It's a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage.
- Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating - Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Ford Fiesta has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Bad driving leads to higher premiums - Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having just one ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with license-revoking citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
Ford Fiesta claim data - Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Ford Fiesta vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Ford Fiesta Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fiesta 96 91 73 115 123 113BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons for Ford Fiesta insurance in Lubbock is to know all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is give them some information like any included safety features, your occupation, whether you drive to work or school, and if you require a SR-22. The rating information is automatically sent to multiple insurance providers and you get price estimates very quickly.
To compare multiple company cheap Ford Fiesta insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. To buy cheap auto insurance in Texas, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Ford. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Earn discounts on Lubbock auto insurance
Some insurance providers don't always publicize all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking time to complete a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Distant Student Discount - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lubbock and don't have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Fiesta insurance in Lubbock.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Lubbock car insurance quote.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts will definitely lower your auto insurance premiums.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including automatic seat belts, early bird, theft prevention, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and homeowners.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including hybrid vehicle, newly retired, new move discount, good student, and newly married.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts might not apply in Lubbock. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Lubbock, click here to view.
Exclusive and independent insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Lubbock.
By using this quick form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. A good agent in Lubbock will have answers to these questions.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lubbock?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
If you get good responses to these questions as well as a price you're happy with, most likely you have located an insurance company that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage.
Ratings for Lubbock car insurance companies
Ending up with a highly-rated auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Texas. The company information displayed below could help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Shop smart and save
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
You just read a lot of information how to save on Ford Fiesta insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Lubbock car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)