It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop rates annually are very likely to switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Lubbock is your ultimate target, understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the process.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Lubbock is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Texas.
- Step 1: Try to understand how auto insurance works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and a poor credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article provides the details to prevent expensive rate increases and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper RLX coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. When you receive it, place the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A crucial key to this process is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Texas. To get cheap auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheaper Lubbock car insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Lubbock may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current RLX insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper RLX insurance.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Lubbock drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Lubbock may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not apply in Lubbock. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Lubbock, click here.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Never let your policy expire – Driving without insurance is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
Raise comp and collision deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a building, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Acura RLX insurance loss probability – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years