It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who compare price quotes will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around saved an average of $860 a year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on auto insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who provide car insurance in Lubbock. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, read and learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for more details to get low prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on 500 insurance in Lubbock. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One important bit of advice is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Texas. The best method to find cheaper rates is to jump online and get quotes. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company provides price estimates online, so it’s important to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, TX, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Lubbock.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Lubbock who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Lubbock for you
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Lubbock insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Lubbock that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Alan Henry Insurance Agency
3405 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79410 – (806) 792-3771 – View Map
- Ashmore and Associates Insurance Agency, LLC
6102 82nd St #6 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 745-8358 – View Map
- Lubbock AllState Agent
2312 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 412-1471 – View Map
These agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Tommy Reece – State Farm Insurance Agent
3114 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79413 – (806) 793-0646 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Rhett Richardson
13413 County Rd 1800 Unit D – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 783-9998 – View Map
- Scott Powell – State Farm Insurance Agent
3410 98th St Ste 3 – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 793-2855 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?