If you are a novice to online auto insurance shopping, there's a good chance you are bewildered thanks to the huge assortment of online auto insurance companies and websites that all say they have the best rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Lubbock.
Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in Texas could save almost 70% each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates as often as possible because insurance prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Dodge Ram insurance in Lubbock two years ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we're going to show you the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. These techniques will let you in on the best methods to compare rates and how to save the most money. But Texas consumers should learn the methods companies use to determine premium rates and use it to your advantage.
Premium rates and analysis
The coverage information shown below highlights a range of insurance costs for Dodge Ram models. Having a better idea how car insurance premiums are figured can be useful when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$206||$338||$486||$28||$146||$1,204||$100|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$232||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,304||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$232||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,304||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$232||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,304||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$232||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,304||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$232||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,304||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$232||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,304||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$232||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,304||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$232||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,304||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$258||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$258||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$258||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$258||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$258||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$258||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$258||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$258||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$258||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$258||$560||$486||$28||$146||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$258||$560||$486||$28||$146||$1,478||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter price quotes substantially.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can drive up Dodge Ram insurance rates for different age groups. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The example below compares Dodge Ram insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in better auto insurance rates.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money - The majority of insurance companies give lower prices to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
- Save miles driven and save money - The higher the miles on your Dodge in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance policy reflects how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect rating for your Ram may be costing you.
- Vehicles with better crash test results mean better rates - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
- Protect yourself with liability - The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Married drivers get better costs - Your spouse can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more stable financially and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Youthful drivers pay high rates - Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a first-time driver onto your auto insurance can cause a big jump in price. More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Drivers with high credit save - An insured's credit history is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit rating can be improved, you could save money insuring your Dodge Ram by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Prevent theft and save - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
When searching for the cheapest Dodge Ram rate quotes, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to shop for Dodge Ram insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
Cheap Dodge Ram insurance in Lubbock can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Lubbock, so get free Lubbock car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
Steps to finding affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Lubbock
Truthfully, the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Lubbock.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Lubbock. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)