The recommended way to get discount Dodge Dakota insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Lubbock.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Dakota coverage is available in Lubbock. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Don't forget to keep the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It's a fact that auto insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $850 each year as compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the best rates on Dodge Dakota insurance in Lubbock is why you're reading this, then having an understanding of how to shop for auto insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Obtaining price quotes for affordable auto insurance policy in Lubbock is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want cheaper coverage, use these money-saving tips to find better prices and still have adequate protection. Drivers only have to learn the most efficient way to get comparison rates from multiple carriers.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Dodge Dakota insurance in Lubbock
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, youthful driver, business and professional, teen driver, good student, and electronic funds transfer.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, defensive driving training, driver's education, good student, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for hybrid vehicle, new move discount, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, new graduate, new vehicle discount, and multi-car.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Double check with each company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Lubbock. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer online Dodge Dakota insurance quotes in Lubbock, click this link.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Texas. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Statistics and details
The data table shown below showcases different insurance rates for Dodge Dakota models. Understanding more about how insurance policy premiums are figured is important for you to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$124||$266||$458||$28||$136||$1,012||$84|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$124||$266||$458||$28||$136||$1,012||$84|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$142||$266||$458||$28||$136||$1,030||$86|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$142||$266||$458||$28||$136||$1,030||$86|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$142||$312||$458||$28||$136||$1,076||$90|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$142||$312||$458||$28||$136||$1,076||$90|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$160||$312||$458||$28||$136||$1,094||$91|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$178||$312||$366||$22||$110||$988||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in your specific Lubbock location which can modify coverage rates significantly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Dodge Dakota insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Lubbock
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Dakota auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set rule for excluding physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Dakota claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Get Cheap Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Location can affect price - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when buying car insurance. People in densely populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Lower population means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Prevent car insurance policy lapses - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Rates increase with policy add-ons - There are a ton of add-on coverages you can purchase on your Dakota policy. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you don't need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Your vocation can affect prices - Occupational choices like fire fighters, executives, and accountants generally have higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations such as actors, engineers and retirees pay the least.
Car plus home equals more savings - Many insurance companies allow a discount for people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you're getting this discount you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Pleasure use or commuting - The more you drive in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance policy states annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Dakota may be wasting your money.
Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance - The make and model of the car or truck you own makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest base rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following data assumes a married female driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Dodge Dakota insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
High claims frequency drives up rates - If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Texas give discounts to people who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying your policy, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Dodge Dakota?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Do I need an agent?
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agencies is especially important in Lubbock.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Lubbock who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Lubbock auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are searching for local Lubbock agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, it's recommended you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Lubbock that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- Willcoxon Insurance
4601 S Loop 289 # 7 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 763-4005 - View Map
- The Shropshire Agency, Inc.
5812 66th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 763-7311 - View Map
- David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-1177 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive agencies in Lubbock who can help you get price quote information.
- Chris Prather - State Farm Insurance Agent
4412 74th St f101 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 792-3331 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Bill Eggar
10101 Quaker Ave - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 792-5200 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Rhett Richardson
13413 County Rd 1800 Unit D - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 783-9998 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agency shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lubbock?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Dakota in Lubbock, insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Dakota, most lenders will force you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Dodge but also your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $850 per year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Best auto insurance company in Texas
Selecting the best insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Lubbock. The ranking information listed below could help you analyze which insurers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Mercury Insurance - 89%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
Be persistent to save money
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
The cheapest Dodge Dakota insurance in Lubbock can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Lubbock car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
When getting Lubbock car insurance quotes online, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)