Truthfully, the best way to quote cheaper Dodge Caliber insurance in Lubbock is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more information to help keep prices low and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Caliber coverage is available in Lubbock. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who compare rates annually are likely to switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that consumers who compared prices once a year saved over $860 a year compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you’re already insured or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Lubbock is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the proper methods to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Getting a cheaper price on Dodge Caliber insurance can be surprisingly simple. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies.
It’s so easy to compare rate quotes online that it takes the place of having to drive to all the different Lubbock insurance agencies. Doing it all online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the personal advice only provided by licensed Lubbock agents. Drivers can get prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Lubbock, TX. In order to find cheap car insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Caliber insurance, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge for a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so compare rate quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Facts and figures for Dodge Caliber insurance
The rate information displayed below outlines estimates of prices for Dodge Caliber models. Having knowledge of how prices are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in your specific Lubbock location which can affect insurance rates considerably.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Caliber insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut formula of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Caliber replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $600 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Save money with these discounts on Dodge Caliber insurance in Lubbock
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Club Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Caliber annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, federal employee, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good student, anti-theft, ease of repair, professional/association, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include distant student, multi-car, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, and teen driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, multi-policy, multiple vehicles, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly retired, new vehicle discount, safety features, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- USAA includes discounts for good student, loyalty savings, multi-policy, defensive driver, family discount, safe driver, and annual mileage.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply everywhere. To see a list of providers with the best Dodge Caliber insurance discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Lubbock insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Professional agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is especially important in Lubbock.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Lubbock should be forthright in answering these questions:
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Lubbock?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Lubbock?
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- What are good deductibles for a Dodge Caliber?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Discount Dodge Caliber insurance in Lubbock can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, unfair underwriting practices or even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Other learning opportunities
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Car Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teachers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)