The best way to get cheaper Pontiac G8 insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies in Lubbock.
Step 1: Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and bad credit can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for more ideas to help prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if cheaper G8 coverage is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Amazingly, most car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Texas can save as much as $1,800 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Affordable companies for Pontiac G8 insurance in Texas
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Texas. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Lubbock, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lubbock car insurance discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Lubbock car insurance quote.
- Multi-line Discount – Some car insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to spy on driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
If you would like to view providers that offer multiple discounts in Lubbock, click here to view.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
You may require the services of an insurance agency
Some consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Lubbock.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area that can give you free Lubbock car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When looking for an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Lubbock are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both write insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, you need to get several quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Lubbock that can possibly get you price quotes.
- Willcoxon Insurance
4601 S Loop 289 # 7 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 763-4005 – View Map
- Insurance Partners
7335 82nd St # 4 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Shamburger Agency
12215 Quaker Ave – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 783-8959 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below are Lubbock exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Patrick Bailey
6701 Aberdeen Ave Ste 2 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 798-1340 – View Map
- Rebecca Egert – State Farm Insurance Agent
9810 Indiana Ave Ste 120 – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 795-4344 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Jim White
4518 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79414 – (806) 792-4416 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How many years have they been established?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Lubbock car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Lubbock. The information in the next section may help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at comparing prices from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Smart shoppers get results
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easier than you think.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Pontiac G8 insurance in Lubbock. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Lubbock car insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Pontiac G8 rate quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Electric Cars in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)