Jeep Compass insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
To save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Jeep Compass insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Lubbock.
- Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for tips to find cheap rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you'll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It's safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who perform rate comparisons are inclined to move their business because of the good chance of finding discount prices. A study showed that consumers who shopped around saved approximately $860 a year compared to other drivers who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Lubbock is your goal, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
Buying affordable car insurance in Lubbock can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these tips. Consumers just have to understand the most efficient way to get comparison rates on the web.
Six factors that affect insurance premiums
It's important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower premium levels. Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Physical damage deductibles - The deductibles you choose define how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Stress out and pay more - Occupations like lawyers, police officers, and dentists generally pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress levels and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as actors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that you can buy if you aren't diligent. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accidental death, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you don't need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Insurance rates in urban areas - Choosing to live in a small town is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Lower population means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
Premiums are high for teenagers - Young drivers in Texas have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Pay more by driving carelessly - Even one citation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it's not affordable. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received license-revoking tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can influence Jeep Compass insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Jeep Compass claim statistics - Insurers use statistical claims data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Jeep Compass vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Jeep Compass Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Compass 4dr 2WD 87 135 58 128 124 142 Jeep Compass 4dr 4WD 76 114 63 99 107 106BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance coverage details
The coverage table below highlights different insurance prices for Jeep Compass models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance policy rates are established can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$122||$212||$358||$22||$108||$822||$69|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$140||$260||$358||$22||$108||$888||$74|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$140||$260||$358||$22||$108||$888||$74|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$140||$260||$358||$22||$108||$888||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Lubbock garaging location which can affect insurance rates considerably.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Jeep Compass insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Age, gender, and Jeep Compass insurance
The chart below shows the difference between Jeep Compass premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage in Lubbock
The information below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Compass insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Jeep Compass claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Affordable Lubbock car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you're not getting every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with several vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Student in College - Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Driver's Ed - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Pay Early and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky.
The diagram below shows the difference between Jeep Compass insurance costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
To see a list of car insurance companies with the best discounts in Lubbock, follow this link.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We just covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Jeep Compass insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a small mutual company.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim, poor customer service or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)