It's an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who compare other rates are highly likely to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding low prices for insurance in Lubbock is your goal, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
The recommended way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Lubbock. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
An important note is to make sure you're comparing similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
These discounts can cut Chevy Suburban insurance rates
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Memberships - Joining a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your policy premium.
The illustration below compares Chevy Suburban yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies that possibly offer these benefits possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Lubbock, click this link.
The most recommended method to compare rates for Chevy Suburban insurance in Lubbock takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies participate in a system to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as the year, make and model of vehicles, how your vehicles are used, whether you are single or married, and if you have an active license. That rating information is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates within a short period of time.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies provide free quotes in Texas. To find the best auto insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate information displayed below showcases estimates of coverage prices for Chevy Suburban models. Being able to understand how premiums are formulated can help you make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Suburban LS 2WD||$246||$368||$392||$24||$118||$1,148||$96|
|Suburban LT 2WD||$246||$368||$392||$24||$118||$1,148||$96|
|Suburban LS 4WD||$246||$368||$392||$24||$118||$1,148||$96|
|Suburban LT 4WD||$246||$368||$392||$24||$118||$1,148||$96|
|Suburban LTZ 2WD||$246||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,214||$101|
|Suburban LTZ 4WD||$274||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can influence auto insurance rates considerably.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Chevy Suburban insurance costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Chevy Suburban insurance rates for each different age category. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Local Lubbock auto insurance agents and auto insurance
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You won't even need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the price. A good agent in Lubbock will have answers to these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lubbock?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
The following are agents in Lubbock that can give you price quotes for Chevy Suburban insurance in Lubbock.
Frequent quotes can save
More affordable insurance in Lubbock can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Lubbock auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When searching for cheaper Lubbock auto insurance quotes, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We've covered a lot of techniques to shop for Chevy Suburban insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)