It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will probably switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that people who regularly compared rates saved an average of $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If saving money on Chevy Silverado insurance in Lubbock is the reason you’re here, then knowing how to choose a company and compare coverages can make the process more efficient.
Truthfully, the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who can sell car insurance in Texas.
- Read about coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for tips to get low prices and earn a bigger discount.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Lubbock is not rocket science. If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Smart buyers just need to understand the quickest method to shop for auto insurance online.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy Silverado insurance in Lubbock
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Lubbock auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Telematics Data – Lubbock drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to spy on driving habits remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for switch companies, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, business and professional, and pay in full.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, claim free, Switch & Save, paid-in-full, defensive driver, and renters.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, good driver, driver’s education, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, military active duty, seat belt use, good student, anti-theft, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate discounts include new car, economy car, utility vehicle, early signing, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Lubbock. To see providers that offer multiple discounts in Lubbock, click here.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Lubbock, TX. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Texas, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Facts and figures for Chevy Silverado insurance
The coverage information displayed next highlights a range of rate quotes for Chevy Silverado models. Being aware of how insurance premiums are figured can assist in making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$220||$400||$486||$28||$146||$1,280||$107|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$220||$400||$430||$26||$128||$1,204||$100|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$254||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,400||$117|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$254||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,400||$117|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$254||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,324||$110|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$254||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,324||$110|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$254||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,400||$117|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$254||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,400||$117|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$572||$430||$26||$128||$1,442||$120|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$286||$572||$486||$28||$146||$1,518||$127|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$572||$430||$26||$128||$1,442||$120|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$286||$572||$486||$28||$146||$1,518||$127|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$286||$572||$486||$28||$146||$1,518||$127|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$286||$572||$430||$26||$128||$1,442||$120|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$286||$572||$486||$28||$146||$1,518||$127|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$572||$430||$26||$128||$1,442||$120|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$286||$660||$430||$26||$128||$1,530||$128|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$318||$660||$430||$26||$128||$1,562||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can revise premium rates considerably.
Impact of careless driving on insurance rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can affect Chevy Silverado insurance costs for different age categories. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Males versus Females
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
A lot of people still like to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is sent to companies in Lubbock who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
If you are searching for a local agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Lubbock may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Jason Grisham – State Farm® Insurance Agent
1102 Slide Rd, 33 – Lubbock, TX 79416 – (806) 793-3101 – View Map
- Scott Powell – State Farm Insurance Agent
3410 98th St Ste 3 – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 793-2855 – View Map
- Mike Fox – State Farm Insurance Agent
5910 130th St #101 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 701-5234 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Lubbock who can help you get rate quotes.
- Sanford and Tatum Insurance Agency
5241 98th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-5564 – View Map
- Shamburger Agency
12215 Quaker Ave – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 783-8959 – View Map
- Holmes/Bednarz Insurance Agency
5717 66th St #110 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 748-5453 – View Map
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be pretty painless.
We just presented some good ideas how to find cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Lubbock. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Lower-priced Chevy Silverado insurance in Lubbock can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and these smaller companies sell through local independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information is located by following these links:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)