A recent survey discovered that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. The average driver in Texas could save as much as $1,800 each year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
The most effective way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies that insure vehicles in Lubbock. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a poor credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover instructions to keep prices down and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on LaCrosse insurance in Lubbock. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Make sure you place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Choosing the best rates in Lubbock is easy if you know what you’re doing. Basically, every car owner who is required by state law to have car insurance will more than likely be able to reduce their rates. Although Texas vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how companies market insurance on the web because it varies considerably.
Car insurance providers offering low-cost rates in Texas
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you want the best auto insurance in Lubbock, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Buick LaCrosse insurance rates and statistics
The price information displayed below covers estimates of insurance rates for Buick LaCrosse models. Being aware of how car insurance prices are established is important for you to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$362||$802||$392||$24||$118||$1,698||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can affect rates substantially.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the difference between Buick LaCrosse premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Buick LaCrosse book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Cheaper Buick LaCrosse insurance rates in Lubbock
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used LaCrosse can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Buick can qualify you for substantially lower premium rates.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Buick LaCrosse insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see a list of companies with the best Buick LaCrosse insurance discounts in Lubbock in Lubbock, follow this link.
How You Can Control Buick LaCrosse Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
Save by driving less – The higher the mileage driven annually the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your LaCrosse can result in significantly higher rates.
Older drivers save more – Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be inattentive when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teenage driver to your policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Poor credit can mean higher prices – A driver’s credit history factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit ratings. So if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Buick LaCrosse by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Prevent theft and save – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Insurance losses for a Buick LaCrosse – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that the data shows to have higher loss trends will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The data below shows the historical loss data for Buick LaCrosse vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick LaCrosse 2WD||96||85||93||100||109||92|
|Buick LaCrosse 4WD||101||92||113|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies near you
A lot of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Lubbock who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Lubbock, get answers to these questions.
- If they are an independent agency in Lubbock, which companies do they recommend?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lubbock?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Lubbock?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lubbock?
More effort can pay off
Affordable Buick LaCrosse insurance in Lubbock can be purchased online and from local agencies, so get free Lubbock car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your Buick LaCrosse insurance car insurance rates in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Buick LaCrosse insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information is available at these links:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Car Insurance for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)