If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find discount car insurance rates in Lubbock is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Texas.
- Learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and your credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover the details to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. Get quotes now
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Lubbock. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. When you receive it, safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Shockingly, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many drivers in Texas could cut their rates by about $1,800 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
These tips will familiarize you with how car insurance quotes work and also save some money in the process If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the following tips. Although Texas drivers must understand how big insurance companies determine premium rates and apply this information to your search.
Smart Consumers Can Save Money
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Too many policy claims drive up car insurance rates - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give most affordable rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Do you know you're credit rating? - Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chrysler 200 by improving your credit score. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit scores.
- Never let your coverage expire - Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Insurance rates in urban areas - Being located in areas with lower population has it's advantages when talking about car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Liability protection is peace of mind - Liability insurance will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Loss probability for a Chrysler 200 - Insurance companies use historical loss data when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that the statistics show to have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Chrysler 200 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Chrysler Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chrysler 200 2WD 117 113 116 174 189 152 Chrysler 200 4WD 117 112 108 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer many discounts on Chrysler 200 insurance in Lubbock
Car insurance is expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Good Grades - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Data Collection Discounts - Policyholders that allow companies to analyze driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Own a Home - Just being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for teen driver, company car, group or association, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, air bags, accident-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Esurance discounts include good student, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, homeowner, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, multiple autos, good student, driver's education, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Lubbock. If you would like to view car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Lubbock, click this link.
Texas car insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the best car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are in Lubbock. The rank data in the lists below may help you decide which auto insurers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers - A++
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Titan Insurance - A+
- Esurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Nationwide - A+
How much can you save?
A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies. More affordable auto insurance in Lubbock can be found on the web and with local Lubbock insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
We just presented some good ideas how to compare Chrysler 200 insurance car insurance rates in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund or policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at these links:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Felons in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)