Finding low-cost insurance for your Chevy TrailBlazer in Texas can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to compare rates for your Chevy and find the best price possible either online or from Lubbock insurance agents.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates every six months since rates change quite often. Even if you got the best rate on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Lubbock at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re going to learn the things you must know in order to lower your annual insurance bill.
Save Money with These Tips
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Too many policy claims drive up rates – Insurance companies in Texas give better rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Reduce prices by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Chevy is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
The type of vehicle makes a difference – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Big city or small town – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated Texas areas have to deal with congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
With age comes lower prices – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers tend to be less responsible in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
Alarm systems save money – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Liability insurance claims can be big – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is an easy way to save money. The only requirement is to invest a little time comparing free Lubbock car insurance quotes to find the company with affordable Lubbock car insurance quotes.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Texas. To find the best auto insurance in Lubbock, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why you need insurance for your Chevy TrailBlazer
Despite the high cost, car insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy TrailBlazer, it’s most likely the lender will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Chevy TrailBlazer but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Lubbock
Auto insurance companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Claim Free – Lubbock drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select larger companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current TrailBlazer insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Lubbock car insurance quotes online.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will lower the amount you have to pay.
To find companies with the best Chevy TrailBlazer insurance discounts in Lubbock in Lubbock, click this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to insurance agents in Lubbock that can provide free Lubbock car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
If you are searching for a good Lubbock insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Lubbock are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out how they are different since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Lubbock that are able to give price quotes.
- Chris Prather – State Farm Insurance Agent
4412 74th St f101 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-3331 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Patrick Bailey
6701 Aberdeen Ave Ste 2 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 798-1340 – View Map
- Lisa Caldwell – State Farm Insurance Agent
2418 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 799-1628 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you include at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Listed below are Lubbock independent insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Insurance Partners
7335 82nd St # 4 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Area Insurance Associates
4202 Avenue Q – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 747-2400 – View Map
- Butler Carson Tate Insurance
4505 82nd St # 10 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 798-7979 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance. Just be aware that it’s your coverage and you can cancel coverage for any reason so don’t think that you’re stuck with any particular company for the full policy term.
Best auto insurance in Texas
Ending up with the right car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Lubbock. The company rank data in the lists below may help you pick which companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and choosing coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What policy terms are available?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Cheaper coverage is out there
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance in Lubbock is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
How to find low-cost rates for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Lubbock
The preferred way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Lubbock. You can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like your driving record and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. Click to view companies
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The critical component of shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)