Really, the only way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Lubbock is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Texas.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and bad credit can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Spark EV coverage is available in Lubbock. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop around are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because there are good odds of finding more affordable rates. A study discovered that consumers who compared rates regularly saved on average $70 a month compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Lubbock is your goal, understanding the best ways to find and compare cheaper coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
Comparison shopping for the lowest cost protection in Lubbock is not as difficult as people think. Practically every vehicle owner who buys auto insurance will more than likely find lower prices. But Texas vehicle owners must know the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Lubbock Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Lubbock can save you money since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you low cost Chevrolet Spark EV insurance.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for lower premium rates.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- American Family offers discounts including bundled insurance, good driver, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, good student, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts for early quote, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, and new car.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, pay in full, and early shopping.
- USAA may include discounts for multi-vehicle, family discount, good student, defensive driver, military installation, and loyalty savings.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new move discount, good student, new graduate, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, and safety features.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Lubbock. For a list of car insurance companies with the best Chevy Spark EV insurance discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Low cost Chevy Spark EV insurance prices in Lubbock
When shopping for cheaper Lubbock car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer insurance in Texas. The fastest way to find the lowest rates is to get quotes online.
When quoting insurance, remember that making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare rates from them as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Texas. To find cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers still prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Lubbock.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are searching for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Lubbock are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Lubbock that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Butler Carson Tate Insurance
4505 82nd St # 10 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 798-7979 – View Map
- Zuniga Insurance Agency
1407 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 702-4918 – View Map
- David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 794-1177 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Patrick Bailey
6701 Aberdeen Ave Ste 2 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 798-1340 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Rc Calderon
1314 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 741-1515 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Rhett Richardson
13413 County Rd 1800 Unit D – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 783-9998 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any agent in Lubbock should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What companies can they write with?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How are claims handled?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, theft and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses like prosthetic devices, nursing services, funeral costs and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your Spark EV resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Spark EV to get cheaper collision coverage.
This can cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 30/60/25 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Affordable auto insurance rates are possible
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund and even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
We’ve covered many tips how you can reduce Chevy Spark EV insurance car insurance rates online in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a small local company.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at these links:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)