Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of insurance policyholders in Texas have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. The average driver in the United States could save themselves up to 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they just switched companies.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Lubbock is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Texas.
- First, try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Find a Lubbock insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy Bolt insurance in Lubbock is to know the fact auto insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide details such as if it has an alarm system, daily mileage, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and whether you have decent credit. That rating data gets sent immediately to insurance carriers in your area and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies offer free quotes in Lubbock, TX. To find cheap car insurance in Texas, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Bolt in Lubbock, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What Affects Chevy Bolt Insurance Prices?
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
- Prices can change based on your address – Being located in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities regularly have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Insurance lapses raise premiums – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Rates and vocation – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like military personnel, airline pilots, and emergency personnel generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Does insurance coverage cost more for men? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- Getting married can lower premiums – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on your insurance bill. It demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is my trailer covered?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Persistence will pay off
Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with independent agencies. The cheapest Chevy Bolt insurance in Lubbock can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Lubbock agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We covered a lot of tips how to save on Chevy Bolt insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Lubbock auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small local company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teachers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Felons in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)