Overwhelmed by the sheer number of car insurance sources that you can choose from? Texas drivers have so many sources to choose from that it can be a ton of work to compare premium rates on Kia Borrego insurance. Lubbock is an awesome place to live, but expensive premiums for car insurance can make it nearly impossible to afford enough coverage.
Steps to finding cheaper Kia Borrego insurance in Lubbock
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Kia Borrego insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Lubbock.
- Get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a substandard credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if cheaper Borrego coverage is available in Lubbock. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
A study showed that nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many drivers in Texas could save an average of roughly 70% each year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in TX, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Borrego insurance, paying for car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Borrego, almost all lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Kia but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Texas overpays as much as $800 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Affordable Kia Borrego insurance rates in Lubbock
Companies that sell car insurance do not list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Lubbock auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting coverage on a new Borrego may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get substantially lower prices.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of companies give back up to $50 for completing your application over the internet.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get reduced rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Lubbock. If you would like to view companies with discount rates in Lubbock, click here.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Lubbock insurance agents?
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Lubbock, get answers to these questions.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Lubbock?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Best auto insurance agent in Lubbock
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents in Lubbock are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Lisa Caldwell – State Farm Insurance Agent
2418 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 799-1628 – View Map
- Chris Prather – State Farm Insurance Agent
4412 74th St f101 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-3331 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Bill Eggar
10101 Quaker Ave – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-5200 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Lubbock that are able to give price quotes.
- Hettler Insurance Agency
4432 S Loop 289 – Lubbock, TX 79414 – (806) 798-7800 – View Map
- Grimes Insurance Agency Inc
1651 Broadway St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 762-0544 – View Map
- Alan Henry Insurance Agency
3405 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79410 – (806) 792-3771 – View Map
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be less work than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce Kia Borrego insurance prices online in Lubbock. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Kia Borrego insurance in Lubbock
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget Kia Borrego insurance in Lubbock is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Texas. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)