Scraping up a payment for overpriced Chevrolet Captiva Sport insurance in Lubbock can sap your funds and make it tough to pay other bills. Price shopping at each renewal is an excellent way to lower your bills every month.
It's an obvious statement that car insurance companies don't want customers comparing rates. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year will most likely move their business because there is a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved over $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Lubbock is your goal, learning the best way to compare insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Steps to buying low-cost Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Lubbock
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who provide car insurance in Lubbock.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for more ideas to get low prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Captiva Sport insurance in Lubbock. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is that you'll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Many auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it's not easy to compare every insurer and get the definite lowest rate on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Lubbock.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. Locating the best rates in Lubbock is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Although Texas consumers need to have an understanding of how insurance companies calculate your insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
Affordable companies for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Chevy Captiva Sport Insurance
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings.
- Don't buy incidental coverages you don't need - There are a ton of extra coverages that can add up on your Captiva Sport policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chevy Captiva Sport is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- File insurance claims and pay more - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance companies in Texas generally give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Better insurance rates with anti-theft devices - Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Cautious drivers pay the best premiums - Just one driving citation can increase rates substantially. Drivers with clean records get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have serious violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to complete a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Chevy Captiva Sport insurance loss data - Insurance companies study historical loss data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Chevrolet Captiva Sport Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Lubbock?
Auto insurance companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Lubbock car insurance online.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you cheap Captiva Sport insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Data Collection Discounts - Policyholders that allow companies to study vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Distant Student Discount - Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Memberships - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Lubbock could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
Insurance companies that have most of the discounts above include:
Check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be available in Lubbock.
Independent and exclusive insurance agencies
Certain consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agencies is important particularly in Lubbock.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
What type of Lubbock car insurance agent is right for you?
If you are searching for a local Lubbock insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can write business through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
The following are Lubbock independent insurance agencies that may be able to give you rate quotes.
David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-1177 - View Map
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Lubbock who can help you get rate quotes.
Choosing an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Which family members are covered?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Persistence pays off
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered a lot of techniques to save on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Lubbock. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Chevrolet Captiva Sport rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheap Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Lubbock can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Lubbock agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Steps to buying cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Lubbock
The best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell insurance in Texas. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Captiva Sport coverage is available. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One piece of advice is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)