A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of insurance customers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Lubbock consumers can save roughly $1,770 each year, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Lubbock is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies in Texas.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Bolt EV insurance. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. Once received, put the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One thing to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from many different Texas insurance companies. The easiest way to find the lowest Chevy Bolt EV rates is simply to get online rate quotes. Keep in mind that comparing more quotes will enable you to find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Texas. To find the best car insurance in Texas, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
These six discounts can cut Chevy Bolt EV insurance rates
Some companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very well, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total Bolt EV insurance premium.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your insurance provider.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
If you need lower rates, check with each company how you can save money. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Lubbock. To see insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Many people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Lubbock auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How many companies do they write for?
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Lubbock may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Lubbock exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Bill Eggar
10101 Quaker Ave – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-5200 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Russell Donaway
2321 50th St Ste C – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 799-4600 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Rhett Richardson
13413 County Rd 1800 Unit D – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 783-9998 – View Map
These agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Lubbock who can help you get rate quotes.
- Cam Fannin Insurance
1810 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 747-4422 – View Map
- Ince Insurance Inc
7005 Salem Park Dr – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 797-4131 – View Map
- Alan Henry Insurance Agency
3405 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79410 – (806) 792-3771 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to all your questions and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance. Just understand that consumers can cancel your coverage for any reason so never assume you’re contractually obligated to your new company with no way to switch.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When selecting a policy for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Lubbock Bolt EV insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will force you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Collision – This covers damage to your Bolt EV resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Bolt EV to bring the cost down.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, pain medications, dental work and nursing services. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Chevy Bolt EV.
Since many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, medical expenses, court costs and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and falling objects. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Lubbock auto insurance companies ranked
Finding a highly-rated insurer can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Texas. The ranking data shown next could help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Affordable auto insurance prices are available
Some companies may not have online price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Lubbock can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
We just covered many tips how you can save on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Bolt EV rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
More learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)