Are you doing reasearch to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Lubbock, TX? Lubbock consumers have options when looking for affordable Buick Rendezvous insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for your Buick and get the lowest price.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop rates annually are highly likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who compared prices once a year saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If saving money on auto insurance is your goal, then learning about how to find and compare insurance rates can save time and money.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates quite often since insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best deal on Buick Rendezvous insurance in Lubbock a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the easiest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. The purpose of this article is to teach you a little about the best way to quote coverages. Drivers just need to know the most efficient way to get comparison quotes using one simple form.
Reducing your insurance rates can be quick and easy. All that’s required is to spend a little time to get quotes to discover which company has low cost Lubbock auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Lubbock, TX, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
These discounts can lower Buick Rendezvous insurance rates
Some insurers do not list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course teaching driver safety skills could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Sign Online – Certain car insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- 21st Century offers discounts including student driver, homeowners, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, defensive driver, and air bags.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly married, new vehicle discount, multi-car, teen driver discount, multi-policy, new move discount, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Texas, follow this link.
Insurance agencies can find coverage gaps
A small number of people would rather get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How are they compensated?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- When do they do policy reviews?
If you want to use a good Lubbock insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can write auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Lubbock that can give you rate quotes.
- Rebecca Egert – State Farm Insurance Agent
9810 Indiana Ave Ste 120 – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 795-4344 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Danny Sellers
7302 82nd St Ste 11 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 866-2702 – View Map
- Scott Powell – State Farm Insurance Agent
3410 98th St Ste 3 – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 793-2855 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to compare quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Lubbock willing to provide price quote information.
- Maria Valeriano Insurance Agency
4210 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79413 – (806) 780-6622 – View Map
- Texas Insurance Partners
Bldg. 2, 7021 Kewanee Avenue #102 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 771-9692 – View Map
- Circle Insurance
6520 University Ave – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 797-4131 – View Map
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Buick Rendezvous?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a Buick Rendezvous?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Premiums
Many things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower rates.
- Cheaper rates for being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Texas award the best rates to people who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Discounts for married drivers – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums when buying insurance. Having a significant other means you’re less irresponsible and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
- Incidental coverages can cost a lot – There are many extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed when buying insurance. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Cheaper premiums for prior coverage – Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Buick Rendezvous scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Rendezvous in Lubbock, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Lubbock car insurance companies ranked
Selecting a good quality auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Texas. The company ratings displayed below can help you select which companies to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
When you buy Lubbock auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to lower your Buick Rendezvous insurance premium rates in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper auto insurance in Lubbock can be found on the web in addition to many Lubbock insurance agents, so you need to shop Lubbock auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Steps to buying lower priced Buick Rendezvous insurance in Lubbock
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable Buick Rendezvous insurance in Lubbock is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers that insure vehicles in Texas.
- Get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and a negative credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Lubbock. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)