The best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to regularly compare quotes from different companies that insure vehicles in Texas. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and a poor credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for instructions to prevent rate hikes and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Make sure you safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around once a year will probably switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $72 a month compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding low prices for Pontiac G5 insurance in Lubbock is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can make the process less intimidating.
Buying affordable insurance in Lubbock seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to save money using these methods. But Texas car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies determine premium rates and use this information to your advantage.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some insurance providers do not list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow data collection to study vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose companies who offer free Pontiac G5 insurance quotes in Texas, click here.
The easiest way to compare policy rates for Pontiac G5 insurance in Lubbock utilizes the fact auto insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as whether your vehicle is owned or leased, if you have a valid license, whether you are married, and how much you drive. The data is submitted instantly to all major companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Lubbock, TX. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in TX, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Lubbock?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Lubbock who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lubbock?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Lubbock are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Lubbock that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to compare quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Lubbock independent insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 794-1177 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Buying the right G5 insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your G5 to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac G5.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses like surgery, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 that means you have a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things like bail bonds, medical services, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
How much can you save?
Lower-priced Pontiac G5 insurance in Lubbock can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Lubbock insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
As you quote Lubbock car insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Car Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)