Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Pontiac Aztek insurance in Lubbock is to compare prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in Texas. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a low credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. When you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices will probably move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower rate. A recent survey found that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance in Lubbock is your target objective, then knowing how to find companies and compare coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Finding quotes for the most affordable insurance policy in Lubbock is not that difficult. Just about every car owner who compares rates for insurance most likely will find a better price. Although Texas car owners must understand how insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Cheaper Pontiac Aztek insurance rates in Lubbock
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Aztek insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select car insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, driver’s education, accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, 55 and retired, youthful driver, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, driver training, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, homeowner, and drive less.
If you want the cheapest Pontiac Aztek rate quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some credits may not be offered everywhere. To choose insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here to view.
Insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as fire damage, falling objects, a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services, attorney fees, loss of income and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your Aztek resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Aztek to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/25 in Texas), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, funeral costs, EMT expenses and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Affordable insurance premiums are out there
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Pontiac Aztek insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Pontiac Aztek insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation, high prices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More information can be found below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Electric Cars in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)