It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who perform rate comparisons will most likely buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. A study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is your target objective, then learning a little about how to find and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The recommended way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Lubbock is to compare prices annually from different companies who provide car insurance in Texas. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. Be sure to keep the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Our objective is to help you learn how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, Texas vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because it varies considerably.
Companies offering Oldsmobile Alero insurance in Lubbock
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Texas. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Lubbock, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Affordable Lubbock insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be inquired about before being credited.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Lubbock car insurance quote as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Student in College – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lubbock and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Oldsmobile could earn substantially lower insurance rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to spy on driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include good student, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, seat belt use, and multi-policy.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, continuous insurance, driver training, payment discounts, and save driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including good student, renewal discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for safety features, multi-car, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, and new graduate.
- American Family includes discounts for early bird, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, good driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Before buying, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Lubbock. To find insurers with discount insurance rates in Lubbock, follow this link.
Insurance agencies near you
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Lubbock who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
The difference between Lubbock auto insurance agents
If you want to use a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Lubbock are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Lubbock exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Marvin Grimes
6102 82nd St Unit 3b – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 797-2607 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Danny Sellers
7302 82nd St Ste 11 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 866-2702 – View Map
- Mike Fox – State Farm Insurance Agent
5910 130th St #101 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 701-5234 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent agents in Lubbock that can give you price quotes.
- Butler Carson Tate Insurance
4505 82nd St # 10 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 798-7979 – View Map
- Ince Insurance Inc
7005 Salem Park Dr – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 797-4131 – View Map
- Hettler Insurance Agency
4432 S Loop 289 – Lubbock, TX 79414 – (806) 798-7800 – View Map
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We covered many tips how you can reduce Oldsmobile Alero insurance rates online in Lubbock. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)