If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to quote cheaper Lincoln LS insurance in Lubbock is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and a low credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for instructions to get cheaper rates and find hidden discounts.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Select a company
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who get price comparisons will presumably switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Lincoln LS insurance in Lubbock is your ultimate objective, learning how to shop for auto insurance can help simplify the process.
Locating the best rates in Lubbock is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Although Texas consumers need to learn how big insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
How to get low cost Lincoln LS insurance in Lubbock
All major car insurance companies give coverage prices online. Comparing Lincoln LS insurance rates online is possible for anyone as you just type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, their system gets information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote.
Quoting online for Lincoln LS insurance in Lubbock makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for affordable car insurance pricing.
In order to compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will have rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Texas. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Lincoln vehicle
Even though Lubbock LS insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Lincoln LS but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you cheaper rates.
The following are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Car insurance claims cost money – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give most affordable rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Which gender costs less? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Car insurance rates and your job – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like military personnel, police officers, and miners generally have the highest rates in part from high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, careers like professors, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Remove unneeded extra coverages – There are a ton of additional coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most insurance companies provide lower prices to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare Lincoln LS rates in Lubbock to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still save even more by buying from different companies
- Careless drivers pay higher rates – How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get severe citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Save a ton with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Lubbock could earn you a nice discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Lubbock may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current LS insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
Auto insurance companies that may offer most of these discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in Lubbock. To choose insurers that offer discounts in Texas, follow this link.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Lincoln LS?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local insurance agents
Some consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Lubbock who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an company requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What company do they have the most business with?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agents in Lubbock can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Lubbock willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Jason Grisham – State Farm® Insurance Agent
1102 Slide Rd, 33 – Lubbock, TX 79416 – (806) 793-3101 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Russell Donaway
2321 50th St Ste C – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 799-4600 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Rc Calderon
1314 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 741-1515 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most also write with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Lubbock that can give you rate quotes.
- Advanced Insurance
3225 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79413 – (806) 799-0052 – View Map
- Circle Insurance
6520 University Ave – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 797-4131 – View Map
- Beadle Insurance Agency
8008 Slide Rd #22 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 798-7900 – View Map
Upon receiving positive responses and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
Shop smart and save
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Low-cost Lincoln LS insurance in Lubbock is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found at these sites:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)