Really, the only way to save on auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to compare prices regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and a bad credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is that you use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Lubbock drivers could save themselves almost $1,770 a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
Affordable rates by receiving discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are throwing money away.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting coverage on a new CR-Z may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your prices slightly.
- Club Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when getting a Lubbock auto insurance quote.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, defensive driver, air bags, daytime running lights, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safe driver, multi-car, safe driver, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for good student, teen driver, pay in full, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- USAA may have discounts that include annual mileage, family discount, safe driver, multi-vehicle, good student, loyalty savings, and driver training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Lubbock.
Cheap Lubbock Honda CR-Z insurance quotes online
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you need to compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Texas. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in TX, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Honda CR-Z is worth?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What is glass protection for?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Honda CR-Z?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance quotes from local Lubbock insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agents is still important in Lubbock.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Lubbock who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you include at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Lubbock that can give you rate quotes.
- Area Insurance Associates
4202 Avenue Q – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 747-2400 – View Map
- Grimes Insurance Agency Inc
1651 Broadway St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 762-0544 – View Map
- Bledsoe Insurance Agency
5143 69th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 794-8686 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Lubbock who can help you get rate quotes.
- Lisa Caldwell – State Farm Insurance Agent
2418 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 799-1628 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Russell Donaway
2321 50th St Ste C – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 799-4600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Bill Eggar
10101 Quaker Ave – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-5200 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Lubbock should know the answers to these questions.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Lubbock?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Where are claims handled?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
If you receive reasonable responses and locked in a price quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly service your auto insurance policy. But keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel your coverage when you choose so don’t feel you are locked into any specific company for the full policy term.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
Cost effective Honda CR-Z insurance can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your Honda CR-Z insurance rates in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Lubbock auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More detailed car insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)